Dr. Adriano Figueiredo
- Specialist in Maxillofacial Surgery by the Portuguese Medical Association (Founding Member of the specialty) 1993;
- Specialist in Stomatology by the Portuguese Medical Association (1982);
- Member of the European Board for Oro-Maxillofacial Surgery (public exam – Zurich 1996);
- Head of Hospital Service of Maxillofacial Surgery (retired);
- Former Director of the Maxillofacial Surgery Service of Hospital Pedro Hispano;
- Invited Lecturer, Postgraduate in Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Porto;
- Invited Lecturer at the Master in Oral Surgery of ISCS – North – CESPU;
- Invited Lecturer at the Master in Oral Surgery and Implantology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Porto;
- Board Member of the College of Maxillofacial Surgery Specialty from 1993 to 2006;
- Chairman of the Board of the College of Maxillofacial Surgery Specialty in 1999/2000;
- Partner of the Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery;
- Partner of the Portuguese Society of Dento-Facial Orthopaedics;
- Partner of the Portuguese Society of Stomatology and Dental Medicine;
- Partner of the Portuguese Association of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery;
- Co-Founder Partner of the Portuguese Society of Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain;
- Author of several scientific articles and surgical techniques published in national and foreign journals;
- Author of numerous conferences given at congresses, courses and symposiums;
- Participant in numerous round tables with topics related to facial deformities and temporomandibular joint pathology;
- Author of numerous communications at congresses, at home and abroad;
- Author of the technique of interpositional arthroplasty of the TMJ with pedicled temporal fascia flap 1994;
- Author of the first surgical intervention in the country of temporomandibular meniscopexy with condylan titanium implant;
- Author of the first surgical intervention in the country of Mandibular Bone Distraction in 1997;
- Initiator in the Country of Arthroscopic Surgery of the temporomandibular joint in 2000;
- Author of the facial symmetrization technique in hemimandibular hyperplasia with CAD-Cam technology, published in the Journal of Craniofacial Surgery (July 2017);
- Mostly dedicated to Orthognathic Surgery, Occlusion and Dysfunctional Temporomandibular Joint Pathology (medical and surgical treatment), Arthroscopic Surgery and Open TMJ Surgery, Craniofacial Skeleton Distraction Osteogenesis, Salivary Gland Surgery. Reconstructive and pre-prosthetic implant surgery of the jaws;
- More than 1000 surgical interventions performed under Orthognathic Surgery and facial deformities;
- More than 1000 surgical interventions of temporomandibular joint.
- Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Stomatology and Aesthetic Surgery of the Face and Neck – Center Hopitalier Lyon Sud (Professor Doctor Maurice Freidel), France;
- Eeuwfeestkliniek, Stomatologie Maxillo-faciale Heelkunde (Doctor Joël Defrancq), Antwerp, Belgium.
Operates in a hospital environment the Ortopóvoa patients who require maxillofacial surgery, especially orthognathic surgery cases (when necessary, in addition to orthodontics to resize and reposition the maxillary bones in order to achieve facial harmony), as well as all cases where it is found to be necessary to intervene surgically in the temporomandibular joints.
Collaborates with Ortopóvoa since 1998.
Whenever I can, I prefer caravanning. I love horseback riding and horses, sport shooting and hunting. I like to live in the countryside and with nature and, of course, a good conversation with friends.”