The General Data Protection Regulation (RGPR), which took effect on May 25th, 2018, aims to regulate the treatment of personal data and to ensure the protection of such data.
Through the application of the regulation we seek to establish all rules that prevent the misuse of personal data, applying new control mechanisms to ensure their privacy. This regulation applies to all personal data of citizens residing in the European Union.
As Data Controller, Ortopóvoa will collect the strictly necessary data for the purposes authorized by the holder (Patient), and will not use the data for purposes other than those that you have consented to; We (Ortopóvoa) will only keep the data for the necessary period to provide our service; We also undertake not to transfer your data to third parties beyond what is strictly necessary and authorized by the personal holder.
We only want to communicate with those who have given their express consent, and exceptionally we can communicate with them when communication is essential to the providing of a service. You may request at any time to change your settings regarding the privacy of your personal data through Ortopóvoa general contacts.
It is our goal to remain transparent in all communications regarding our services and information of interest to the holder.
If you wish, we provide a file with your personal data in digital format so that you can consult them or export to another service.
- RIGHT TO DISMISS
You may at any time request the deletion of your personal data. We undertake not to process your data after this request. We warn, however, that they will be stored for the legally defined period to comply with legal obligations.
Ortopóvoa is aware that personal data is extremely confidential and has implemented all possible standards and rules to prevent possible security breaches that could put your data at risk.
02. Responsibility for collecting and processing personal data and nominating the data protection officer
Your data will be collected and processed by Ortopóvoa – Clínica de Ortodontia e Reabilitação Orofacial, Lda., VAT n.º 502686405, headquartered at Rua Visconde de Azevedo, n.º 11, 4490-589 Póvoa de Varzim, hereafter Ortopóvoa. This is the company responsible for processing personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (hereafter RGPD).
For questions regarding the processing of your personal data you can contact Ortopóvoa by the following means:
Telephone: +351 252 299 240, with opening hours: Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 12:30 and from 14:30 to 19:30; Registered Letter: Customer Service, Rua Visconde de Azevedo, n.º 11, 4490-589 Póvoa de Varzim.
Ortopóvoa has appointed a Data Protection Officer, who you can contact at the following email address: email@example.com
03. Processing and Alteration
04. What is personal data?
This is any information, of whatever nature and regardless of its support, relating to a directly or indirectly identified or identifiable person (holder).
05. What personal data are collected and processed and on what legal basis?
The personal data collected by Ortopóvoa are those strictly necessary for the purpose of processing, namely, the name, address, taxpayer number, telephone number or email of our patients, but other necessary data may be collected to provide products or services.
Personal data will be processed based on express and specific prior consent. Ortopóvoa may also process the necessary data, namely, to execute an agreement/contract or fulfil legal obligations.
06. When and for what purpose do we collect personal data?
The personal data we collect from our patients is requested when making a demand for an appointment or contact, in person at Ortopóvoa or on our website.
Some of your personal data is required. Ortopóvoa will inform of this obligation. The provision of incorrect or inaccurate data is the sole responsibility of the patient.
The collection and processing of personal data by Ortopóvoa aims to comply with the treatment plan thus providing the contract between the clinic and its patients.
The personal data collected will also be processed to answer the questions, suggestions or complaints presented by the patient to Ortopóvoa.
In this case, personal data will be kept for two years after the last reply from Ortopóvoa.
07. Sharing or transferring personal data
Ortopóvoa may use subcontractors for the maintenance, hosting and management of its computer systems and equipment, under the legislation allowed terms that regulates the processing of personal data. For this purpose, they have access to, and should not use such data for any other purposes, or for their own benefit, or relate them to other data they have.
Personal data may also be made available to legal courts and other competent authorities, in strict compliance with the law.
Personal data collected by Ortopóvoa will be processed within the European Union.
08. Period of retention of personal data
Ortopóvoa retains personal data during the retention periods identified above and only for the necessary period of time, or for the fulfilment of obligations to which it is legally subject. In any case, once the relationship with the personal data holders has ended, they are no longer processed for commercial purposes.
09. Security and confidentiality of personal data
Ortopóvoa strives to implement all protections necessary to preserve the confidentiality and security of personal data collected and processed, preventing them from being distorted, damaged and destroyed or being access from unauthorized third parties.
Technical and organizational security measures have been developed, especially as regards to information systems. However, we do not control all risks related to the use of the Internet, so we alert to the potential risks associated with its use and operation, and consequently, the sharing of personal data through this means.
10. Rights of the data subject
In accordance with the law, the holder of the data has the right to access and rectify his data, as well as the right to request its deletion, oppose its processing and obtain its limitation or portability insofar as this is applicable. You may also object to your data being used for the purpose of creating your customer profile, in which case you no longer benefit from personalized offers or services.
The exercise of any of the rights legally conferred by the respective holder must be done by means of a signed letter by the holder.
The rights conferred may be exercised through direct contact with Ortopóvoa by:
- Registered Letter: Customer Service
- Rua Visconde de Azevedo, 11 – 4490-589 Póvoa de Varzim
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data holder must be aware that in certain cases (such as legal reasons), the request may not be immediately fulfilled. In any case, he shall be informed of the measures taken to this effect within one month of the request being made.
The holder of personal data may also withdraw his consent at any time, when applicable, through the provided channels for this purpose by Ortopóvoa. However, the withdrawal of consent does not compromise the lawfulness of the treatment based on the consent previously given or the subsequent processing of the same data, based on another legal basis, such as the fulfilment of the contract or legal obligation to which Ortopóvoa is subject.
11. Right to file a complaint
For any questions regarding the collection and processing of data by Ortopóvoa, the patient may contact the Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com .
You can also lodge a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD), R. de São Bento 148, 1200-031 Lisbon, about how Ortopóvoa collects and treats personal data.
As mentioned above, Ortopóvoa collects and processes the personal data necessary for the availability and operation of its website, ensuring, however, adequate levels of security and protection of the personal data of its users. To this end, a number of physical, logical, technical and organizational security measures have been adopted to protect personal data against their unauthorized dissemination, loss, misuse, alteration, processing or access, as well as against any other form of illicit treatment.
Nonetheless the security measures adopted by Ortopóvoa, the user must keep the access codes secret, not sharing them with third parties, and must follow the recommended security practices, namely regarding the installation and updating of the necessary security applications, namely, the antivirus.
The cookies used by Ortopóvoa allow improving the performance and the browsing experience of its users, increasing, on one hand, the speed and efficiency of response and, on the other hand, eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
Setting cookies not only helps the site to recognize the user’s device the next time they visit, but it will also be essential for its operation. The cookies used on the site by Ortopóvoa do not collect personal information that allows you to identify the user, saving only generic information, such as the form or place/country of access and the way the user uses the site, among others.
Cookies only retain information related to your preferences and you may, at any time and through your web browser, decide to be notified of the receipt of cookies and to block their entry into your system.
13. Cookies used by Ortopóvoa
Ortopóvoa uses different types of cookies, as follows:
- Essential Cookies – some cookies are essential to access specific areas of Ortopóvoa website, allowing you to navigate and use your applications, such as access to secure areas of the site, through login. Without these cookies, the services that require it cannot be provided;
- Functionality cookies – functionality cookies allow you to remember your preferences regarding site navigation, and therefore do not need to reconfigure and customize each time you visit;
- Analytical Cookies – these cookies are used to examine how you use the site, to highlight articles or services that may be of interest to you, and to monitor site performance by knowing which pages are most popular, which method to link between pages that are most effective or even to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. These cookies are used merely for the purpose of creating statistical analysis, and never to collect personal information. Thus, Ortopóvoa can provide a high-quality experience by customizing your offer and quickly identifying and correcting any issues that arise.
Also, regarding the validity there are two types of cookies:
- Permanent cookies – these are cookies that are stored on the access devices (computer, mobile phone, smartphone or tablet) at the browser level and are used whenever the user visits Ortopóvoa website again. In general, they are used to direct navigation according to the user’s interests, allowing Ortopóvoa to provide a more personalized service;
- Session Cookies – these are temporary cookies that are generated and available until you log out. The next time you access your browser, cookies will no longer be stored. The information obtained allows you to manage sessions, identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
You may disable some or all of your cookies at any time. Each browser has its own outline process for this configuration. Not accepting cookies may prevent you from using some of the features of Ortopóvoa website.